Thank for your response Bob.

I now understand that Tiger will not boot into any OS9 Install disks.  But I
can't understand why it will not boot into the OSX install disks when I hold
down the C key as all the instructions say.

Try holding down the option key while you reboot, and you should see the Open Firmware boot choice screen. You can then choose the CD. It may take a while for the CD to appear as an option.

Note that you need to be holding down the option key (or the C key) for that matter until you see that the computer has detected it. You can't just hold it down, turn the power on and let the key go.

Thanks,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the