Paul Mulroney wrote:
[...]
I've also purchased RealBasic, and I'm looking into using it for small apps using it's RealDB engine, but so far it seems harder to write database apps in RealBasic than it does in Studio. I think there's a lot more extra stuff you have to do in RealBasic to make it work - but maybe it's just my familiarity with the other environment... That being said, I've started writing Pacman in RealBasic, and my sons have been doing the artwork (if anyone's interested, email me:). I have a basic working game, just got to iron out the quirks.

Out of the three environments, I think Studio's the best for database apps, especially cross-platform. The runtime "tax" is really the only downside. PHP is a possibility (and free!), but only if you know SQL, and some HTML. RealBasic has promise, but nothing solid yet.
[...]

Possible other options for database backends/web frontends are Servoy (commercial)
<http://www.servoy.com/>

4D (commercial)
<http://www.4d.com/>

Tapestry (Open source)
<http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/index.html>

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the