Hmmm. I've had the same issue with my G5 since I bought it a few months ago. It makes me wonder if this is a possible problem with some of the G5 computers. Troubled me from 10.3.8 all the way up to 10.4.1. The only peripheral I'm using is my Logitech MX310 mouse. I'm not sure that the fix permissions has any effect since leaving restarting the computer seems to temporarily fix the problem.

I too did an archive install for Tiger. I was going to try a full clean install before thinking about other possible problems but really don't have time until I'm on my study break from uni.

Ruben A. Franke

Rainbow curser forever when I try to put it to sleep. This is the common one. Doesn't happen all the time. I can fix permissions, do a restart, then put computer to sleep.