Mm - the 23" is still more expensive than the Dell 24". Still, kudos to
Apple - they're getting there. :)

The Mac Pros are nice looking machines ... But the price tag ... I jumped
onto the Apple store and configured the 'recommended' workstation. Bumped
the ram to 2gig, left the drive as is, chucked in the ATI graphics card and
added Bluetooth and Airport ... $5k+

That's $1.5k more than the Dual 1.8 G5* I bought last year . Don't get me
wrong, the new workstations have 4 processors, and that counts for
something. I guess the next time I upgrade, it'll be to the entry level box
rather than the middle of the range box. :)

Cheers,
T.

*Which was middle of the road at the time - $3k plus an extra $500 for the
ATI X800