Couldn't resist another 2c worth.

Our democratic system certainly doesn't work by us voting on every
regulation/policy that concerns us - we elect politicians who we hope have
the best vision to govern our society and set appropriate policies, etc
(shame about the choice we have to vote for sometimes!)

Consider what might happen if we had a referendum on any important issue
(apart from the whole system grinding to a halt!)

 - We would almost certainly have capital punishment
 - We would probably give much less aid to the Worlds worst off
 - We wouldn't have followed Dubya into Iraq
 - Politicians would get paid a lot less!

I could go on but you get the picture and of course, depending on your point
of view, you may well wish that some of those decisions WERE decided by
referendum!.

What I find really interesting is the actual issues that politicians select
for referendum and wonder on the criteria that says we need a referendum to
move the clocks by one hour but are expected to rely on the politicians
judgement to decide to go to war.

Anyway, I guess I'm getting even further OT here - unless anyone is
considering an OSX program to select issues to put to referendum ;o)

Sorry about that!

Cheers

Neil
--