Hi Ronni
On 25 Feb 2007, at 4:20pm, Ronda Brown wrote:

When you have the Battery Adapter connected to your PowerBook does the charge light come on & eventually go Green? If not, it could be the Power Adapter is not working correctly & therefore not charging your PowerBook.

Yes it's on and green. I left the PowerBook shut down and unplygged last night and when I plugged in the adaptor this morning it glowed orange and recharged to green. Interestingly the computer shows the battery @99%, not 100% charged.

Unplug the power adapter from the wall, let it sit for 60 seconds, and then plug the adapter back in.

If the adapter works after this 60-second "rest," you most likely have a line noise issue with your power source that will require you to reset the adapter (by repeating this moment of rest) periodically. This happens when the AC adapter's over voltage protection feature senses ground noise and then turns off the adapter. Some possible sources of line noise include lights with ballasts, refrigerators, or mini refrigerators that are on the same electrical circuit as your computer.