On 25/02/2007, at 5:10 PM, Reg Whitely wrote:

Hi Ronni
On 25 Feb 2007, at 4:20pm, Ronda Brown wrote:

When you have the Battery Adapter connected to your PowerBook does the charge light come on & eventually go Green? If not, it could be the Power Adapter is not working correctly & therefore not charging your PowerBook.

Yes it's on and green. I left the PowerBook shut down and unplygged last night and when I plugged in the adaptor this morning it glowed orange and recharged to green. Interestingly the computer shows the battery @99%, not 100% charged.

Hi Reg,

 This is normal.  Apple say:
"The batteries used in these computers are designed to avoid short discharge/charge cycles in order to prolong the overall life of the battery. Because of this, when setting the Mac OS X battery status menu bar icon to display charge state by percentage, you may notice that the reported charge stays between 93 or 95 percent and 99 percent. When the battery level eventually drops below 93 or 95 percent, it will charge all the way to 100 percent."