In May 2004 I bought a 17² G4 PowerBook. I can¹t remember what OS it had
installed at time of purchase, but I think I subsequently bought Tiger 10.4
- I have the installation disk for it anyway. The PowerBook currently runs
10.4.9.

In about March 06 my hard disk crashed. I took the PowerBook in for
replacement hard disk, and the Apple repair shop reinstalled OSX, I think
from their own resources. I can't recall the reason now, but iDVD, iPhoto,
wasn't installed. I inquired with the repair shop and I think they said that
I'd have to install those items from the original installation disk. I've
never bothered to do that until now, just haven't needed them, but now I
have a reason to use iDVD, so have pulled out the installation disk.

My problem is that I can't find anything on the installation disk that looks
like a standalone installation of iDVD. If I click the 'Install Mac OS X'
icon, I'm asked to restart. I have followed the restart process, but it
doesn't seem to lead to a point that I can just install iDVD or iLife
without impacting on the system.

Anyone have any hints please?

Many thanks, Steven