Hi Steven ( and all)

Yes, Bob's on the right track. Even though you may a separate Tiger Disk,
you'll need to go back to the original disks that came with the computer. On
these you'll find an installer called (and I'm working from memory here),
something like "Install Additional Software". It will go through and install
a small "Restore" Application in the Utilities folder, which will then let
you install the other iLife apps.

That should get you back to where you were. :o)

Hope that helps! Good luck.

Kind Regards
Daniel

On 6/05/2007 11:39 AM, "Steven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In May 2004 I bought a 17² G4 PowerBook. I can¹t remember what OS it had
> installed at time of purchase, but I think I subsequently bought Tiger 10.4
> - I have the installation disk for it anyway. The PowerBook currently runs
> 10.4.9.
>
> In about March 06 my hard disk crashed. I took the PowerBook in for
> replacement hard disk, and the Apple repair shop reinstalled OSX, I think
> from their own resources. I can't recall the reason now, but iDVD, iPhoto,
> wasn't installed. I inquired with the repair shop and I think they said that
> I'd have to install those items from the original installation disk. I've
> never bothered to do that until now, just haven't needed them, but now I
> have a reason to use iDVD, so have pulled out the installation disk.
>
> My problem is that I can't find anything on the installation disk that looks
> like a standalone installation of iDVD. If I click the 'Install Mac OS X'
> icon, I'm asked to restart. I have followed the restart process, but it
> doesn't seem to lead to a point that I can just install iDVD or iLife
> without impacting on the system.
>
> Anyone have any hints please?
>
> Many thanks, Steven

> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960