On 01/09/2007, at 10:16 AM, Chris Burton wrote:

Hi all

I have been using external firewire drives for backups for quite a few years now by dragging and dropping all my relevant files over from my G5 then storing them in a safe place.

I am however not sure how to install OSX correctly on the firewire drives so I can use them as a boot drive. Can someone please tell me how I go about this?

Many thanks for any advice

kind regards to all

Chris

The WAMUG Archives has plenty on that subject :-

Start here : <http://www.mail-archive.com/wamug@wamug.org.au/ msg41015.html>

Bob