Hi Tony,

Should you not be able to find a camera to meet all your desires have I got the camera for you..~l~..specially when primary students and outdoors and sailing mentioned in the one breath.

Sadly the Olympus 1030SW only has 3.6 zoom but is 10.1 megapixels, shockproof to 2 metres and waterproof to 10 metres all in the one small easy to use camera and it is lithium ion too. Check it out at http://www.olympus.com.au/component/option,com_product/id,297/ task,detail/Itemid,69/ and cameraland has it for $549 http://www.camera-land.com.au/pages/ olympus.html

I can email you a few sample shots taken with one if you'd like.

Yvonne