I seem to have something that is labelled
N55 DSL016  A net search indicates it might be Telequip

Rosemary Horton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 26/06/2008, at 6:51 PM, Robert Howells wrote:

On 26/06/2008, at 5:43 PM, Rosemary Horton wrote:

There is a main adsl hard wired in filter at the first point where the phone comes into the house, all the rest of the phones also have inline filters connected in the line.

We thought we were covered!

Rosemary Horton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Rosemary !

As a retired Telstra Tech with 43 years experience I have seen plenty of places
where things were not what they should have been .
So I had to ask the question !

At this stage with your problem ... one phone unplugged which may be causing problems ...

I want to suggest to you that having additional filters after the Hard Wired filter may in itself
under some circumstances cause a problem .

The one good quality filter is all that is needed . There have been occasions where a filter has been found faulty .
And not all filters are necessarily of the best quality .

Recently I rearranged my set up so that I now have just the one new hard wired filter with 3 phones on line .
Recent speed tests to my ISP show I achieve 1536 KB .

In earlier days I was getting only about 1200 KB .
Perhaps something else has altered but I am suspicious that it is the new filter that has produced the improved line speed .

Hopefully your filter will appear on the approved list at this address :

        <http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=adslfp_03>

I am using the C10 Communications C10100E .
The same splitter is being sold at Office works under the name of Jackson .

Cheers

Bob