I have had problems with my Macbook Pro ever since I moved from Tiger to Leopard, Some times it would work fine and then could not connect for days or weeks so I decided to use a cable instead!! Defeats the purpose of a laptop I think!!

The symptoms would be having a self assigned IP address and not being able to get an address from the DHCP server/router.

Yours might be a different problem but it sounds a lot like mine :(

Roger