Stew

As a matter of interest where does one find information on the CPU temperature?

Barry

On 13/08/2008, at 3:51 PM, Stewart Woods wrote:

On 12/08/2008, at 10:47 PM, Pontifex Family wrote:

Of course excessive heat itself will cause a "damage prevention" shutdown.
Is the interior of the computer choked with dust fibres, so that no
effective air cooling is taking place?

Given the earlier advice from Walter, I've just finished cleaning out the air intake at the bottom of the machine.
It was VERY clogged!!!!!
I noticed that the machine was regularly recording CPU temps of 85C but now seems to be sitting at around 60-70C

We shall see if the problem continues.

Thanks for the advice,

Stew