Peter Hinchliffe wrote:
On 19/11/2009, at 8:50 AM, Martin Sulkowski wrote:

Hi Everyone

I'm using numbers at the moment and would like to know if it is possible to do the same thing in Excel or export it to excel and have the same formulas.
I use numbers for cuttinglists in cabinetmaking.
On one sheet I have different tables...one for length ,,,one for height....one for depth ...in total 5 tables on one page
>From these 5 tables the cuttinglists are created for all the cabinets.

I tried to do a copy in excel but it looks so  different.
The question is 1.: Does excel allow multiple tables on one page

Excel doesn't support tables at all, and the "page" concept in Excel is very basic. This is one of Numbers' main strengths.

But a table is just a contiguous, two-dimensional collection of cells, and you can have multiples of these on the same worksheet, or on separate worksheets, and these can all be linked together.  Feel free to send me a copy of your file, and I'll play with it if you like.

Rob

2. : Can i have another sheet with reference to the first sheet with all the calculations?

Most definitely, and the implementation (tracing references, etc) is much clearer in Numbers in Excel, IMHO.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948

Associate Professor Rob Phillips
Educational Development Unit
Room 4.42 Level 4 Library North Wing, Murdoch University
r.phill...@murdoch.edu.au Phone: +61 8 9360 6054 Mobile: 0416 065 054
Fellow, Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia Currently on sabbatical leave

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>