Hi Rod,

I note the Apple store is currently showing 27² iMac delivery as:

    Estimated Ship: 5-7 business days for the 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
standard model, and
    Estimated Ship: 7-10 business days for the 2.66GHz Intel Core i5
standard model

For what its worth, I succumbed to the urge when Apple had their recent TGI
Friday annual special. I didn¹t go for a 2TB drive but I did go for the i7
processor (so another build to order). My experience was:

€ Order placed with Apple online store on 27/11/09 ­ at the time of
finalising the order it was showing:
    Ships:      7-10 business days
    Delivers:   within 2-5 business days (after shipment) by Standard
Shipping
ie they were suggesting a final delivery date of 9­15 business days after
order

€ The Apple Store Order Acknowledgment email then advised:
    Ships:      11/12/2009
    Delivers:   17/12/2009
 ie they were predicting shipping at 10 business days and delivery 4
business days after shipping.

€ The Apple Store Shipment Notification email then advised:
    Shipment Date:  01/12/2009
    Delivers By:        08/12/2009
Ie actual shipment date (Tuesday) was only 2 business days after order
(Friday) and they were predicting delivery 5 business days after shipping.

The iMac was actually delivered around 9am yesterday morning (Tuesday
08/12/2009) as promised. The TNT tracking suggests that delivery could have
been earlier but there was some delay in Sydney:

08 Dec 2009     10:30:00     Albany     Shipment Delivered In Good
Condition.
08 Dec 2009     06:58:30     Perth     Out For Delivery.
07 Dec 2009     12:16:34     Perth     Onforwarded For Delivery
06 Dec 2009     10:00:11     Sydney     Shipment In Transit.
04 Dec 2009     18:00:00     Sydney     Delay. Recovery Action Underway
02 Dec 2009     09:15:47     Pudong International Airport     Shipment In
Transit.
02 Dec 2009     01:55:36     Pudong International Airport     Shipment
Received At Transit Point.
01 Dec 2009     23:02:00     Shanghai     Shipment In Transit.
01 Dec 2009     22:39:49     Shanghai     Shipment In Transit.

Of course, just because this was my experience doesn¹t guarantee similar for
you but, so far, my experience with Apples delivery has been terrific:

Previous 24² iMac ordered in the 2007 TGI Friday annual special:
€ Order placed with Apple online store on 29/11/07 (at 11pm Thursday - it
was Friday 30th in Sydney) ­ at the time of finalising the order it was
showing:
    Ships By:        29/11/2007 - 30/11/2007
    Delivers By:    30/11/2007 - 04/12/2007
Actual Delivery:    morning of Tuesday 04/12/2007 ­ 2 business days after
ordering!! (Obviously this was in stock in Sydney rather than shipping from
China!)

Other items ordered in this years TGI Friday annual special:

Photoshop elements, Bento, Mobile Me Family Pack ­ all three items
separately shipped but with same delivery/timescale:
Apple Store Order Acknowledgment email advice:
    Ordered:        27/11/2009
    Ships:           within 24 hours
    Delivers:       30/11/2009 - 02/12/2009
Actual Delivery:
    Shipment Date:  30/11/2009
    Delivery Date:     02/12/2009

HP PHOTOSMART B109A
Apple Store Order Acknowledgment email advice:
    Ordered:      27/11/2009
    Ships:          18/12/2009
    Delivers:       22/12/2009
Actual Delivery:
    Shipment Date:  04/12/2009
    Delivery Date:     08/12/2009

So, for me, Apple have made a habit of under-promising and over-delivering
when it comes to efficient shipping.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia

on 9/12/09 8:28 AM, Stuart Evans at stuart.ev...@t4.com.au wrote:

> Hi Rod,
>
> I¹d love to drop down your chimney and help out! However...
>
> We¹ve had 27² iMacs on order for 4 weeks. After our initial orders went out
> the door we haven¹t had any since. I don¹ think anyone has them at the minute.
> Don¹t believe the 3-5 days on the Apple store either. One of my customers
> ordered and then got a message saying the delivery would be delayed.
> Your supplier may well get them at the same time as anyone else. Just ask them
> for updates.
>
> P.S. Don¹t forget to delete your emails in case the kids snoop!   ;-)
>

> Regards,
> Stuart
>
> Stuart Evans
> T4 Technology
>

> ALBANY
> Shop 6, 69 Lockyer Avenue, Albany, WA, 6330
> E> stuart.ev...@t4.com.au
>
> BUNBURY
> Unit 2/14 Rose Street, Bunbury, WA, 6230
>

> On 9/12/09 8:00 AM, "rb...@iinet.net.au" <rb...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>> oops!
>> try 2TB HD
>> :)
>>

>> On Wed Dec  9  7:47 , Ronda Brown  sent:
>>
>>> Hi Blitto,
>>>
>>> You will have trouble finding a new 27" iMac with a 2GB HD?
>>> 27-inch models:
>>> € 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
>>> € Optional 2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
>>>
>>> Have you tried Daniel Kerr MacWizardry
>>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>>> Email:
>>> Or
>>> MacWorx (Joondalup) 10/7 Delage Street JOONDALUP WA 6027  Ph: 9301 5333 Fax:
>>> 9301 5444