Thanks for the replies Ronni and Dave and sorry for the confusion - I'm trying to physically print a PDF file from Acrobat Pro to a non- postscript printer so a little more data:

I'm using Tiger and attempting to print to an Epson R230, although it doesn't matter which printer I use - it is the Page Setup that doesn't allow me to choose any printer because none of them are listed in the "Format For" selector.

On my wife's MacBook, using Snow Leopard, the Page Setup shows all printers so it is just this version of Acrobat on this computer that is the problem. I could get around it by moving the files and printing from the MacBook but I was hoping there might be a simpler solution, such as trashing a preference or something.

Cheers

Mike Fuller