Thanks again Ronni.

To answer your questions:
Yes, the Epson R230 shows in the Print and Fax prefs, along with my other printers. To elaborate - I have no problems choosing the printer when printing from Acrobat, or anywhere else - it is only that I can't choose it in the Page Setup (in Acrobat only) which results in a reduced print area available because of the "Any Printer" default being used.

I can print from Preview OK - just that Acrobat has more output options except, in this case, the printable area of a page. In fact I can print OK from Acrobat except the aforementioned problem - I can reduce the print size to fit the printable area but that's not what I want with these files I'm printing.

I have seen someone else with this problem http:// forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=602214 but no solution.

Cheers

Mike Fuller