Hi Paul,

I don't know if it is of interest, but, if she is happy with the online
version, I see that the student price is only $150 (only!!) and there is a 5
day free trial:

<http://www.bcaillustrated.com.au/>

> BCA Illustrated is an online version of the Building Code of Australia (BCA),
> with over 3000 illustrations and 15,000 knowledgebase links, developed by the
> Hendry Group under license by the Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB). BCA
> Illustrated contains both Volumes 1 and 2, and is updated frequently including
> the most current Building Code of Australia data from the ABCB (May of each
> year).
>
> In addition to the content provided by the Building Code of Australia, BCA
> Illustrated provides numerous additional features and benefits designed to
> help you utilise, interpret and understand the BCA.
>
> BCA Illustrated has been specifically designed to help the user to understand
> the Australian Building Code and it's various interpretations by bundling
> additional content exclusive to BCA Illustrated, with Volumes 1 & 2 of the
> BCA.

Of course, if you pay the extra for the hard copy you get to keep it as it
gradually gets more obsolete - whereas with a subscription it is guaranteed
to be up to date - but you lose access when the subscription lapses!

It does seem like they could be more generous with their student discounts!

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton