Hi Guys

I see this problem a lot at the office and normally I clear out the font caches
then delete all photoshop prefs remove all fonts and then start Photoshop with
just the system fonts.  If that is OK I would then install the fonts as needed.

I have noticed that some of our fonts date back to 1989 and Adobe and Apple
recommend that we update to newer versions, we would like to but some are only
available as opentype and at the moment our prepress system can't handle them!!

So I just make sure I have deleted anything to do with fonts and that should
include the adobe font file that is in many places, this is like a little
database of what fonts are available to the creative suite.

Maybe CS5 will handle fonts better, but I think a better option would be to
move to opentype :)

Roger