Hi Michael,

Something is wrong with your Preview Application. First try moving the
preference file.

Quit Preview, move the "com.apple.preview.plist" file out of
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/ to the Desktop, relaunch Preview, and open
an image file.

If it still won't display correctly check if you are running Preview in 32-bit
mode.
Click once on the Preview Application > File > Get Info  - is "Open in 32-bit
mode" selected?