Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the speedy response :)

In this case, I don't think it is just a size thing - I think the sidebar
icons must be designated as such somehow.

The reason I say this is if I go to my home folder in finder, set it to icon
view and then in the view options take the size all the way down to the min
16x16 the icons still just stay as smaller versions of the blue folder with
overlay icon - they don't change to the more colorful, non-folder-type
sidebar icons (try it).

I checked out the discussion link you gave but, they said (as you thought)
that it is just a size issue - however, from my test above, I don't think
that this is the case - unless there is some special sidebar icon size
(presumably smaller than 16x16 or I would see the sidebar icons as I changed
the folder view icon size option.

I can see that setting the 16x16 icon might be a quick fix (assuming the
sidebar defaults to the smallest 16x16 icon) - but this would then also show
in the main finder window (if you set icon size to 16x16) - so this is not
the same as the default apple set-up for folders such as
downloads/music/pictures etc.

I looked at Iconographer but it is now discontinued and the developer's
website says the latest version (2.5) was last updated in mid 2003 - so I'm
not too keen to mess with SL icons with it!

It's no big deal - just something I fancied playing with. When I get time,
I'll google-on and if I do find out any more, I'll report back!

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton