Hi Neil

Not sure if this is actually any more help, or more "hard work".
Found this link about it as well.
<http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=83832>

But without modify code, not sure of an easy way to do it.

One thing to "Explore" might be to try downloading icongrapher
<http://www.mscape.com/>
Make all the icons the "normal" image you want, but the smaller one (for the
side bar) the alternative.
Then it will show as "normal" in the Finder, but (perhaps) when it's in the
sidebar it will show the alternative. Didn't have time to test it, but was
just a thought.
Gotta get back to quotes and invoicing for now anyway,...lol.
But thought it might give you something to play with for now.

Kind Regards
Daniel

On 27/5/10 2:06 PM, "Neil Houghton" <n...@possumology.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the speedy response :)
>
> In this case, I don't think it is just a size thing - I think the sidebar
> icons must be designated as such somehow.
>
> The reason I say this is if I go to my home folder in finder, set it to icon
> view and then in the view options take the size all the way down to the min
> 16x16 the icons still just stay as smaller versions of the blue folder with
> overlay icon - they don't change to the more colorful, non-folder-type
> sidebar icons (try it).
>
> I checked out the discussion link you gave but, they said (as you thought)
> that it is just a size issue - however, from my test above, I don't think
> that this is the case - unless there is some special sidebar icon size
> (presumably smaller than 16x16 or I would see the sidebar icons as I changed
> the folder view icon size option.
>
> I can see that setting the 16x16 icon might be a quick fix (assuming the
> sidebar defaults to the smallest 16x16 icon) - but this would then also show
> in the main finder window (if you set icon size to 16x16) - so this is not
> the same as the default apple set-up for folders such as
> downloads/music/pictures etc.
>
> I looked at Iconographer but it is now discontinued and the developer's
> website says the latest version (2.5) was last updated in mid 2003 - so I'm
> not too keen to mess with SL icons with it!
>
> It's no big deal - just something I fancied playing with. When I get time,
> I'll google-on and if I do find out any more, I'll report back!
>

> Cheers
>

> Neil

---
Daniel Kerr