Hi Rob,

AFAIK the 'No services apply' message is due to SL¹s improved handling of
services ­ previously all the services would show but non-applicable ones
would be greyed out ­ now only applicable ones will show.

If you want to see real service options in Entourage, for example, first
select some text (eg a sentence or paragraph) and then go to the Services
menu under the Entourage menu ­ the options showing (for me) include:

* Make new sticky note
* Look up in Dictionary
* Search with Google
* New email with selection
* New note with selection

Your options may vary, depending what other applications you have installed.

I must admit, I rarely used ³services² in the past - but I am now starting
to find a few more uses for them.

Cheers

Neil
--