On 06/12/2010, at 8:11 AM, Bill Parker wrote:

> I have a task that requires transferring details of academic papers from PDFs
> into Filemaker Pro ( Ver 11).
>
> I have found that no matter what I do, the last step will not work with a
> Preview PDF but will work with Adobe 8 Pro PDF.
>
> Is there anyway I can switch off Preview temporarily?

Hi Bill,

Do you mean you wish to have Adobe Acrobat Professional.app (8.) as the default
application to open all PDFs?
If so:
1. Highlight a PDF
2. Go to File > Get Info
3. Select Adobe Acrobat Professional.app (8.0) (or what version you have)
4. Click "Change All"

If this isn't what you mean please post back.

17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 8GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm

OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)