Hi Brian,

Check your System Preferences > Trackpad that your settings haven’t been
changed.
If nothing has been altered try Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

        • Shut down the computer.
        • Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the computer, if it's
connected.
        • Remove the battery.
        • Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
        • Release the power button.
        • Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
        • Press the power button to turn on the computer.

17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 8GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm

OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)