Thank Carlo,

Looks like time for another little drive to Nedlands again...

Brian

On 28/01/2011, at 3:16 PM, cm wrote:

Hi Brian,

The very same problem cropped up on my daughter's MacBook (polycarbonate
version) but that was a known problem for that model that had an easy fix of
putting a little wad of paper underneath the trackpad button. I don't know if
the same fix will work with a MacBook Pro. If you are curious I could probably
find the youtube video that I followed.

Alternatively, and this may not suit you at all but, you could try to get used
to not clicking the track pad. I, personally, never click the track pad (with
the exception of one operation in Xcode where it is required) -- but this is of
course a matter of taste and choice. If you wish to try the Tap-to-Click
feature, just tick the checkbox at:

 System Preferences => Trackpad => Tap to Click

You have already found the work-around of an external mouse and you also have
the option of an external trackpad.

Cheers,
Carlo