Hi, I just found this thread via google. I'll try to answer some
questions you guys have;

You no longer need to do the terminal command stuff when you install
the extension. It was needed in earlier versions in order to fix OSX
file/folder permissions in the addon directory. I've since found a way
to do this automatically through the plugin when it's installed.
The extension should work fine in Firefox 3.6. I tested it before I
uploaded it in Firefox 3.6 and Firefox 4 on OSX and Windows 7.
The extension works as follows - It gets the file info it needs from
the ABC API urls, then writes that info to the b.command file. Then it
executes the b.command file which passes the file download info to the
rtmpdump binary located in the rtmpdump folder in the extension
folder.
The rtmpdump program is the thing that does most of the heavy lifting.
It's the thing that connects to the abc and streams the file to
download to your hard drive.
The binaries of rtmpdump in the iViewfox extension were compiled by me
from the source: http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/ as the developers
unfortunately don't provide them for OSX. One of the most important
parts to compiling the rtmpdump is SSL libraries. Unfortunately, OSX
10.5 uses out of date SSL libraries, so that can sometimes make it not
work on systems before 10.6. I compiled my binaries with a static
library called PolarSSL to try and get around this, but I think it may
still be an issue. Here are some older compiles I did if you'd like to
play around with them:
http://forboden.com/coding/rtmpdump-2.2d-IntelOSX32bit-Build-PolarSSL.zip
http://forboden.com/coding/rtmpdump-2.2d-IntelOSX64bit-Build-PolarSSL.zip
http://forboden.com/coding/rtmpdump-2.2d-PPC-Build-PolarSSL.zip
The extension removes the version number setting when it's uninstalled
but leaves all the rest of the settings if they've been modified by
the user. I can get it to remove/reset all of the settings on
uninstallation if you prefer.

There is also a command line downloader available if you're
comfortable using the Terminal:
http://localhostr.com/download/LI9tK5B/iView_Downloader_OSX_V7.0.zip
The advantage of using the command line version is that you're able to
use the resume feature. (there's no easy way for me to implement the
resume feature in the iViewfox extension)

Also remember that if you're with iiNet, you need to access the iView
site directly, not via the freezone portal.

The NSQuickDrawView Quartz error that was mentioned doesn't have
anything to do with the addon.
rg.mozilla.firefox[1000]: 2011-03-28 14:04:19.648
plugin-container[1003:903]
That means it was a plugin that caused the error, not an addon. You
can check which plugins you have installed by going to about:plugins
in the url bar.

If you'd like to watch the videos on your iPad, you can use ffmpeg to
extract the mp4 video from the flash container. I've made an extension
to help you do that:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flvuncontainer/

There's also a channel 7 downloader:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/plus7fox/

If you're feeling really adventurous, you could try getting Jeremy
Visser's great Python-iView app working on OSX. I've detailed the
steps here:
https://jeremy.visser.name/2009/08/30/python-iview/comment-page-5/#comment-6382

Cheers,
Yansky.