Morning,

Just a side note this does not stop SPAM as the header cannot be encrypted,
some user information is visible.
Data is protected with the necessary keys as Ronnie explained so eloquently.
ISP's, providers of email services, software companies need to change SMTP
ports from 25 to 465 or 587 (Authenticated) for total encrypted email to be
achieved.
Along with 993 or 994 for IMAP and POP servers.
But, this approach also faulty as it depends on what happens other side of
server.
i.e Connection is SSL tunnelled through use of ports to provider, but other
server receiving may not be. So, it gets sent open.

A solution as most banks are doing is provide secure Message Board
environments;  which can link into email via webmail for sensitive information,
which deals with email in a closed loop. Hence, supposedly secure?? Allows only
import no export out of loop.

A myriad of problems with solutions, but are they worth effort, time, and
ultimately COST???
Notice how banks are charging for this privilege, and other providers also, for
contacting via electronic means?

Original post questions ease of creation for email accounts, this
authentication process challenges such a creation.
Whilst offering owners of server control over whom can authenticate, and
verification of such?

Cheers!
`RobD...