On 04/09/2011, at 11:56 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:

> - If should find the correct device driver and install it back as an iPod,
> with the portable devices folder disappearing and in its place should be a
> whole load of USB controllers.

Hi Ronni,

Nope. Followed this process just now, but it said the correct driver was
already installed  - MTP USB Device. I had seen this tip before, and there was
some tricky back end way of trying to move this driver away from Portable
Devices and into the USB section.  I wasn't able to follow it, hence my
interest in finding usbaapl64.inf so I can install it manually.

Ta

Tim