Hi Barry,

If iPhoto v8.1.2 is doing everything you want to do with your photos, upgrading
is probably not worth it.
iPhoto v9 does have a lot of ‘New Features’ to iPhoto v8.

Have a look here for details of all the new features:
<http://www.apple.com/au/ilife/iphoto/>
Click on “What’s New in iPhoto” and then click on the ‘Read more’ sections.

It all depends if you want any of the new features.