Sorry Adrian,

I only replied to part of your email. iCloud Preferences Find My Mac is greyed
out?

Go to System Preferences, go to the Security and Privacy preference pane, and
click on the Privacy tab.
Check to make sure that Location Services are enabled.

If that doesn’t solve it, go to <http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1464>  and
download the Lion Recovery Update package manually, and install it.

Once installed, reboot your Mac and go back in to the iCloud preferences (under
the Internet category in System Preferences) to see if you can enable Find My
Mac now. If you can check the box, you should be right.