Thanks Carlo,

I was just typing instructions for Adrian, but posted my reply re Stuart’s
email first… you have saved me from having to complete my reply to Stuart.
Thanks as I also have a couple of clients offlist wanting my attention.

The only thing I will add to your instructions are Adrian might find if he goes
to the Mac App Store to re-download Lion install he might receive a message
saying Lion is already installed on this Mac (or some such message).

Try holding down the Option key while clicking on the Purchased icon?
It should re-install right over his current setup giving him the Recovery
Partition.