Hi Chris,

Have you tried setting up another user account, opening excel and creating a
new worksheet and trying in that. I would have thought that if that still
gave you problems then it points to your version of excel (or possibly some
conflict between excel and some particular software/hardware?) - A system
wide problem, anyway.

On the other hand, if that is OK it would seem point to some personal Excel
user setting or preference problem?

Just a thought.

Cheers

Neil