Ronni, even further information!   Since showing that everything worked with
Droplets in Safe Mode or another user account, when I do a normal boot
Photoshop will no longer open at all but crashes as it starts.  Adobe feedback
gives nothing.  It is not damaged as it is still fine in Safe mode.  I winder
what has gone askew.
Time to pack up and consider in the quiet!
Severin