Ronni, after a break here is an update on my ongoing issue.   I did as you
suggested and reset Home Directory Permissions and this has stopped the
untoward Finder requests for authorisation.
The Photoshop issue remains unresolved.  My current situation is that Photoshop
CS6 will not start, either from my account or from a new user account.  This
situation developed AFTER I did a boot in safe mode and  found that Photoshop
opened.  Now it does not start in any account or in safe mode, something has
been broken.   I have uninstalled PhotoShop (Clean my Mac) and reinstalled, no
joy.  I have a clone created just prior to finding this out from the failing
droplets and Photoshop there opens fine, though the droplets do not work.
Forget the droplets for the moment, I want PhotoShop back again!
When opening Photoshop the window progresses to Initialising then quits.  An
Adobe message offers to look at the report and comes back saying it can not
offer a solution.  All my other applications seem unaffected.  I have knocked
out all my Login items but still no Photoshop startup.  I have zapped PRAM, I
have run Disk Warrior, I have repaired permissions, I have sworn, I have torn
my hair.
What might I try next?
Severin