Hi Ronni

Thanks for your time and effort in pursuing this.

"Wake on demand" is still a big issue on the open forums, but tone becomes
acrimonious and unhelpful very quickly.   I repeat my comment above, and thanks
for your patience and help with WAMUG members, and with me in particular.

I will need to spend some time digesting the comments you made, particularly
relating to the computer operation and the interaction of the two energy saving
options 'Computer Sleep' and 'Put hard disks to sleep when possible'.   I may
have jumped to conclusions about what "server mode" implies.

Like at least one other WAMUG poster, I too am eagerly awaiting release of the
new iMac with the new processor.  It seems the wait is just getting longer.

BTW, I never installed Lion - I went directly from Snow Leopard to Mountain
Lion.   And now I'm stuck in "variable testing mode' and have no time to watch
AppleTV!

Cheers
Alan