If you do not have an AirPrint enabled printer then handyPrint
(www.netputing.com/handyprint/‎) is very useful, with some limitations.
Severin Crisp

On 20/05/2013, at 8:04 AM, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Walter,
>
> AirPrint Basics:
> The AirPrint-enabled printer must be connected to the same home Wi-Fi network
> as the iOS device.
> This is the default configuration in most home Wi-Fi networks.
>
> You also need an AirPrint-enabled printer listed in this article.
>

> Printers not listed in this article are not supported by AirPrint.
>
> <http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356>
>
> Summary
> In iOS, AirPrint-enabled applications can print to an AirPrint-enabled
> printer—and you don't need to install a driver or configure the printer
> queue. Tap print, select a AirPrint-enabled printer, and print. It's that
> simple.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>
> On 20/05/2013, at 7:08 AM, Peter Hinchliffe <hinch...@multiline.com.au> wrote:
>

>> On 17/05/2013, at 5:48 PM, F.W. Hänel <whae...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Has anyone tried printing from iPhone/iPad directly to a WiFi direct
>>> printer when a WiFi network was not available ?
>>> Does it work ? What printers are available ?
>>>

>> Well - WiFi is by definition, a wireless network, so if there's no network
>> available WiFi printing is impossible. That being said, if you can set you
>> iPhone or iPad to be a WiFi hotspot, you might be able to get a printer to
>> join that network, in which case printing jus might work. I don't know, I
>> never tried it.
>>
>> The only printers that I know of for sure that support Airprint out of the
>> box are certain HP models and many recent Canon printers. Others on the list
>> may have more information.
>>
>> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
>> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
>> Perth, Western Australia
>> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au