Good to hear of that success Reg.  I have not checked but I think the host
computer into which the printer is pugged has to be awake.  I am not sure if it
will automatically queue until it wakes up.  Yes, I use it from my iPad mini.
Regards from sunny Albany
Severin

On 20/05/2013, at 2:43 PM, Reg Whitely <rwhit...@internode.on.net> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've been lurking on this discussion. Thank you Severin for your suggestion
> to use HandyPrint. Only a day or so ago Elaine (my wife) asked me if she
> could print from her new iPad. I said yes if you have an Airprint printer,
> which we have not. However I remembered I had installed AirprintActivator
> once on her iMac. For some reason it wouldn't work so I didn't persevere.
> Today following your HandyPrint tip I looked it up and found it used to be
> AirprintActivator but has been renamed to avoid Apple copyright wrath. I've
> downloaded and installed the latest HandyPrint version and it automatically
> recognised both our Samsung laser printer and our Epson printer/scanner.
> Voila, instant print from the iPad. There will be no stopping her now.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Reg
>
> On 20/05/2013, at 1:11 pm, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> If you do not have an AirPrint enabled printer then handyPrint
>> (www.netputing.com/handyprint/‎) is very useful, with some limitations.
>> Severin Crisp
>>
>> On 20/05/2013, at 8:04 AM, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Walter,
>>>
>>> AirPrint Basics:
>>> The AirPrint-enabled printer must be connected to the same home Wi-Fi
>>> network as the iOS device.
>>> This is the default configuration in most home Wi-Fi networks.
>>>
>>> You also need an AirPrint-enabled printer listed in this article.
>>>

>>> Printers not listed in this article are not supported by AirPrint.
>>>
>>> <http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356>
>>>
>>> Summary
>>> In iOS, AirPrint-enabled applications can print to an AirPrint-enabled
>>> printer—and you don't need to install a driver or configure the printer
>>> queue. Tap print, select a AirPrint-enabled printer, and print. It's that