Chris,

I have only one PC programme that I ever want to use on my Mac, and that is the
mapping programme OziExplorer. It works okay on Parallels and Windows various
versions, but it is such a pain having to start up Windows, get all the updates
in order and 'cope' with a whole new layer of operating system, pay for new
versions etc etc etc.

I found an OSX app called Crossover and found it works just fine for the
purpose of running OziExplorer. There is no need to run, or own, any Windows
software.  It doesn't work for everything. You can check to see if the
application you require works in Crossover at
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/

I think OziExplorer was not listed but I still got it working by following some
tips I found on a help site. The same might be the case for you.

Might be worth having a look. I've not found any downside of using Crossover
for this purpose.

Tim