Hi Chris,

If Parallels is saying "Update Now"... Yes it is imperative the update is done
now.
In Parallels Desktop if you use an expanding virtual hard disk in your virtual
machine, its image file size on the physical hard disk increases as you add new
data to the virtual hard disk.

If you find that the capacity of your virtual machine hard disk does not fit
your needs anymore, you can change its size. Click the Edit button and the
dialog for changing the disk size will appear.
Note: if your virtual machine is running, its virtual hard disks cannot be
resized

In Parallels Desktop if Windows is running Go to Virtual Machine > Shutdown
Then Virtual Machine > configure - Hard Disk 1 (in left column)
You will see If you are using Expanding disk, 64.0 GB
Click Edit, then drag the slider or type the new size in the size field.
Select the 'Resize file system' option if you want to change the file system
size:
Note: if you select 'Resize file system' option when increasing the disk size,
the additional disk space will be added to the last volume.

No, I have never used ArcGIS or similar software.
I would imagine it would be installed in All Programs.

<http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Welcome_to_the_ArcGIS_Help_Library/00qn0000001p000000/>

How much free space do you have on your MacBook Pro?

cheers,
Ronni

Sent from Ronni's iPad4