I must be a complete dope using AppCleaner for this one.
I followed the instructions for installing and setting up 1Password 4 first.
Then the final instruction was to uninstall 1Password 3 Extension first and
then delete 1Password 3 itself.
DUUUURRRR  !

Fortunately (because of my trusting nature) I keep all my passwords on paper in
a very secure place.
So I have now re-entered them all into 1Password 4 and linked the logins again.
The annoying part is that I also lost all my software license info.
It is all around somewhere but not as organised as my passwords, so no huge
problem.

I now have 1Password 4 syncing with iCloud so it is backed up.
But every so often I get a message saying that "1Password backup failed".
But this does not refer to iCloud. It seems to refer to an "on the Mac backup"
It states in the 1Password user guide that these backups are automatic but does
not say how to turn them off.

Any ideas re this please ?
I am waiting for a reply from Agile Bits re this but they are obviously very
busy right now !

On 14/10/2013, at 7:53 AM, Peter Hinchliffe <hinch...@multiline.com.au> wrote:

> On 13/10/2013, at 11:44 AM, Stephen Chape <chap...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I just installed the new 1Password 4.
>> Then I used AppCleaner to delete 1Password 3.
>>
>> Little did I realise that that would lose the "Vault File".
>>

> Precisely the reason I avoid this type of software as much as possible. The
> problems these programs can create can end up being far more serious than any
> perceived "problems" they purport to fix.
>
> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
> Perth, Western Australia
> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948

Regards,
Stephen Chape