Thanks Ronni,  will try that sequence tonight.

Regards

Pete.

wamug@wamug.org.au </div><div>Subject: Re: Ethernet to Thunderbolt adaptor

In System Preferences > Network do you have Location: Automatic?

You have first connected the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adaptor to your MBP and
then an Ethernet cable from the adapter to an Ethernet port on your Time
Capsule?

Once you do that you should see in System Preferences > Network that the
Thunderbolt Bridge will immediately pick up an IP Address and shows connected &
a green dot.

If you click on Advanced - it will show Bridge Status - Thunderbolt Ethernet
status Active.
Thunderbolt 1 - inactive.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4

On 17 Sep 2014, at 9:56 am, petercr...@westnet.com.au wrote:

Hi Peter, I tried again with the adaptor. When looking in the "About this Mac"
> More Info panel > Thuderbolt, the two ports are noted and one of them shows
the adaptor connected. So it has recognised it.

Then when I look at Network Preferences panel there are two Thunderbolt entries
in the left panel - BOTH have red lights - one says "Thunder...", the other
says "thu....bridge". When I go into each one and press the renew DHCP lease I
get an open box beneath where it is requiring me to input something (I can't
recall what is asked for) - but I didn't know what to put in next anyway.

Did you or anyone else have any of these issues and if resolved how?

Regards

Peter.