Hi Pete
I think the problem might be in trying to use the same email address.

A possible way forward is (with lots of backups and care - including downloading recent emails onto a second device)

 * create a new email address - gmail - or even better a second westnet
   address associated with your account
 * try to create an IMAP account for this
 * Move your old messages into new new mailbox
 * try the disable/ enable thing again. Maybe you can change the server
   settings now.  Failing this, delete that old mailbox and create a
   new IMAP one.
 * Copy your old messages back.

I hope this helps
Rob