I don't want to use iCloud but Apple is getting more and more insidiously
insistent. I get pestered with messages about updates to iOS but can't work out
a safe way of finding out before I download and install what the update will
actually do. I feel as if the update has already been downloaded - that's the
inference I draw from messages telling me the update is ready to install.
iTunes has run rampant through my music and CDs I had the right to copy onto my
laptop seem to have become subsumed into iTunes, as if they're on loan from
Apple. Memories, real or imagined, of Microsoft's practices in the late
nineties and early 2000's come to the fore

Sent from my iPhone