Hi there, my wife finally got around to rationalizing her Inbox down to <2000
unread emails and so given my frequent hassling to get her to migrate to IMAP,
she gave the all clear for me to convert her from POP to IMAP Mail account. I
had created her IMAP account (but not enabled) some years ago when I made the
change myself but these things take time. When given the all clear, I followed
the instructions below. Before starting I had deleted the IMAP account created
some years ago (the one that had never been enabled) as I was unsure if this
would in fact be ok but figured I would be creating an account per step 5 in
the instructions below, so should be ok I thought. So I went through Steps 1-4
no problem though it took quite some time to Move the Sent items (~20,000) to a
temp folder in the "On My Mac" space. Anyway when the Inbox and Sent items move
was completed, I tried to create the IMAP account - I get a message which says
"the account already exists". Which I think is Mail's way of saying, "I checked
the Server (Westnet) and there is already an account there with those details".
The POP account is certainly still available though unticked the "Enabled"
button. I suspect the server still has the remnant stub of the IMAP account I
created years ago and had subsequently deleted. So my issue is how do I
re-create the IMAP account on the MacBook (El Capitan 10.11.5). Any tips
welcomed. I rang Westnet who didn't really offer any help but I am surprised
and think the issue is at the Westnet server.

Regards

Pete

Begin forwarded message: