Hi Diana

You can’t really “port” an email address to another ISP. When you change ISP’s
you will get a new one.
With iinet, you can pay them $25 per year per email address to “keep” those
email addresses. So if you have 2 email addresses you want to keep, then you’d
be paying them $50 per year to keep the iinet address.
But Telstra can’t take those email addresses to them. They can only stay with
iinet.
So you’d either need to keep the addresses for a year or so, and tell people
your “new” email addresses, or carry on paying every year to iinet for them.
This is why some people a) stick with their ISP to keep their email address or
b) go for a “non-ISP” address (e.g. iCloud.com or gmail.com, hotmail etc). That
way they then have the email address “forever”.

I think a lot of people have on and off problems with iinet (myself included),
but when my NBN comes, I’m staying with them for now. I’ll wait to the mess
that is NBN is hopefully sorted out and then see what it’s like. I’m working on
the “better the devil you know” theory,….lol. I keep Telstra for my mobile, but
I don’t want my internet with them. But I don’t think there’s a “fantastic” ISP
out there really. They all seem to have problems here and there (which I can
understand), but I don’t think any one ISP is that much better then anyone. I
think all the “great” ISP’s got gobbled up by larger companies. And service
went out the window……… (service? We can’t afford to factor that into our
plans,..don’t be silly! lol).
(Yes, sometimes you get the right person and it’s OK,…..other times it’s a
great big mess). More to do with moving support centres all overseas I think.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could do the same. Oh, a problem with the bill? Sorry
you’ll need to talk to our support centre,…they’re overseas. They only work
10mins a day once a week, every other day. Leave a message and they’ll get back
to you,….sometime. Maybe. Perhaps. Hard to say).  :) hehe.

So long story short…..
If you want to keep the emails, you’d need to ask iinet to swap you to an
“email only account” once you’ve changed to the new provider - then pay per
each email per year.

Kind regards
Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 7

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.