Hi again Pete and Stephen,
Here’s what I found following my earlier comments.

The music I paid for on the Apple Store in iTunes is shown as “purchased” in
the list
I selected a couple of songs from the list and copied to a thumb drive.
Then I placed that TD in my Panasonic TV and searched for it.
I Opened it up and lo and behold the tunes are there and played without any
issues.

Therefore one can safely say that if you buy music from the store —That $2.99
tune is yours to capture and play on another device.

However, I am not sure if a dedicated Apple user would want to do buy music
when one can get an Apple Music subscription and play from the ?millions of
tunes in the cloud!

I personally still buy but on a very selective basis as Yes I have the Apple
Music subscription.
Some classic albums I just want to own.
It’s been an interesting conversation so thanks for making me check out if
Apple did gazumpt me. They hadn’t.
Cheers
 Marcus

Marcus