Sekitar dialog "antar-iman",
tanggapan di bawah, Mbak Ning.
Soal "tuhan" dan "Tuhan" silakan dilanjut dengan cara beradab :-)

On 4/23/07, Tri Budi Lestyaningsih (Ning) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Balik lagi ke subject, saya punya pengalaman yang lucu waktu anak saya
> yang tertua masih balita. Saat itu kami tinggal di apartemen dan
> bertetangga dengan seorang nasrani, yang juga mempunyai anak seusia anak
> saya itu. Anak saya sering bermain ke rumah tetangga saya itu,
> sebaliknya pun demikian.
>
> Nah suatu hari, sepulang bermain di rumah tetangga, tiba-tiba anak saya
> berkata :"Ma, kita harus berdoa kepada tuhan Yesus."
> Saya kaget dan langsung bilang :"Bukan, teh. Kita berdoa bukan kepada
> tuhan Yesus, tuhan kita itu Allah. Kita berdoa kepada Allah."
> Trus dia dengan wajah kebingungan bilang :"Betul kok Ma, Kata Johnatan,
> tuhan itu Yesus."
> Karena saya tidak mau panjang lebar menjelaskan, saya bilang :"Bukan,
> Yesus itu tuhannya orang kristen. Kalau kita, orang Islam, tuhan kita
> Allah"
>
> Wajahnya berubah, seolah mendapat suatu insight seraya berkata " Ooo
> jadi tuhan itu ada dua ya, ma ?"
> Saya :"[EMAIL PROTECTED]&*"

Saya terkesan sekali dengan dialog kedua anak balita tersebut.
Mudah-mudahan generasi mendatang bisa meneruskan dialog semacam itu
dengan damai, lebih damai daripada dialog "seiman" di milis ini :-)

Coba bandingkan dengan dialog antar iman di Negara Paman Sam berikut ini.
Lima mahasiswa muslim bergabung dengan 5 mahasiswa Yahudi, 11 Katolik
dan 10 Protestan menjadi sukarelawan membantu korban topan badai
Katrina di New Orleans tahun 2005. Sambil melakukan tugas, mereka juga
saling belajar satu sama lain tentang agama dan kepercayaan
masing-masing..
Apa yang mereka pelajari?
"Kami semua percaya kepada satu Tuhan."

salam,
DWS

http://www.newsobserver.com/419/story/565893.html
Student volunteers get lessons in other faiths

Tom Keyser, Albany Times Union

ALBANY, N.Y. - After the five Muslims prayed during a break from
gutting a house, after they went through their rituals and
recitations, one of the Protestants said: "Point of information."

The group consisted of students from the State University of New York
at Albany, and that was one of the phrases they took with them to New
Orleans to signal they wanted to ask a question about religion.

The students went for a week in February to help victims of Hurricane
Katrina, but they also went as an interfaith group -- five Muslims,
five Jews, 10 Protestants and 11 Catholics -- to learn about each
other's faiths.

"We all believe in one God," said Shaun Bennett, a Jewish student.
"The different religions have their prophets, and they all have their
teachings and their writings. Sure, they have their differences, but
everything is so closely related -- the Quran, the Bible, the Torah.
It's all the same teaching, just different wording, different
characters, different stories, different fables."

The students gutted four homes flooded in the 2005 hurricane. They
also visited a mosque, a synagogue and a Jewish community center. They
attended an Ash Wednesday service at a Catholic church, and they
celebrated Shabbat, the Jewish Sabbath.

Some went to Mardi Gras and witnessed another kind of religion. They
slept in bunk beds in a converted furniture warehouse operated by
Operation Blessing, one of the many faith-based organizations involved
in the relief effort that continued 19 months after Katrina.

They talked about religion informally and as a group with their three
advisers from the university -- a Catholic priest, a Protestant
minister and the director of Jewish student life. "Point of
information," they would say. And a discussion about religion would
ensue.

After Jen Griswold, a Protestant from Burnt Hills, N.Y., watched the
five Muslim students pray for several minutes in a driveway next to a
house they had all been gutting, she said: "Point of information. What
is prayer like for you? What are you doing, what are you thinking,
when you're kneeling, standing, bowing?"

A senior majoring in religious studies, Griswold recalls that one of
Muslim student "explained how in different instances he's reciting the
Quran, and then he's praising God, and then he's offering petitions,
which is like asking God to help you, to help the people you love,
just asking God for something."

Griswold said that's what she does when she prays, except that she
recites from the Bible.

"That was really neat for me as a Christian, to realize the parallels
of what happens in prayer," she said.

The students discovered that keeping kosher and keeping halal -- the
dietary laws for Jews and Muslims, respectively -- were similar. They
learned that helping the poor and the needy was a tenet of each of
their religions. The Catholics and Protestants found out they aren't
the only ones who say "peace be with you."

"When we walked into the mosque, we were greeted with -- I don't know
how to say it in Arabic -- but it's basically 'Peace be upon you,' "
Griswold said. "And when we had the Shabbat service on Friday, after
the lighting of the candles, you go around greeting one another and
saying, in Hebrew, 'Peace be with you.'

"To me, that was really cool, this idea of it being a central practice
of all the faiths to greet each other with tidings of peace."

The students didn't talk much about war, conflicts in the Middle East
or terrorism and suicide bombers.

"Because of the context of where we were, I think, the dialogue
revolved more around the situation in New Orleans and poverty and
everybody's take on responding to the poor," said Sandy Damhof, the
Protestant minister who accompanied the students. "It wasn't
necessarily about world events."

Several students asked the Muslim women about their dress, especially
their head covering, or hijab, and about women's roles in Islam.

"I know that many people think women are degraded in Islam," said
Suman Ghauri, one of the Muslim students and president of the Muslim
Student Association. "Women have their own roles in the family and in
the society as a whole.

"I can't really briefly explain it, but the Quran has sent down laws,
and the laws are supposed to make men and women equal. If Islam
minimized women, then we wouldn't be following it."

She said it is a woman's choice, not a decree from men, whether she
wears the head covering. "It's a way of modesty," she said.

"It's not just about covering your head; it's about covering your
body. You're not supposed to wear revealing clothes. In a way, it's so
you're not seen as a sex object, you're seen as a person."

The Muslims were the least understood group on the trip, and, Ghauri
said, they welcomed the chance to explain themselves whenever a
student directed a "point of information" to them.

"The other students didn't know we believe in Mary," she said. "They
didn't know we believe in Jesus, either. We don't believe that Jesus
is God, but we believe that he's a very important prophet, and that
God sent miracles to him."

Kirim email ke