Am Dienstag, 7. November 2006 23:42 schrieb Giel van Schijndel:
> Dennis Schridde schreef:
> >> Yes I've also had some compile problems when trying to compile the trunk
> >> on Windows (compiling trunk on GNU/Linux works alright). Instead I'm
> >> currently compiling from the 2.0 branch this works (with considerably
> >> less compiler errors, lots of warnings though).
> >
> > Would be interesting to know what these errors are. Otherwise I can't fix
> > them. ;)
> >
> > --Dennis
>
> I'm getting these errors when compiling with the Makefile.raw files.
> I'll grab them together in a nice overview tomorrow morning or fix them
> wherever I can. Haven't had any time yet to do so otherwise I would have.
>
> > PS: The explanation of the win32/warzone2100.o file is correct. It is
> > only compiled and linked for MINGW32 and brings the icon and version
> > info.
> >
> > I cut the patch nearly 1:1 from FreeCiv. I thought they might have done
> > it this way for a purpose, dunno which, though. (I had big problems
> > trying to do it myself, so this was the easiest solution.)
> >
> > --Dennis
>
> Sorry what do you mean with "the patch"?
FreeCiv uses exact the same win32/Makefile.am since a few revisions and I
adopted the other changes from that revision into src/Makefile.am,
Makefile.am and configure.ac. So patch ~ commit.

> Also the format of those darn
> windows resource files (win32/warzone2100.rc) is quite known to me, so
> please shoot if you have a question (shoot that question I mean, don't
> run WZ2100 to build droids just yet  ;-) ).
The RC isn't making any trouble. We got this since a while and it allways
worked fine with MSVC and windres.
What was causing me a headache was autotools...

> PS I love it how you sign your message twice (not the GPG thingy). ;-)
Anytime. ;)